- Research Scientist Sintef (Sustainable Communication Technologies)
- Associate Professor Oslo Metropolitan University (Journalism and Media Studies)
- External Supervisor Simula Research Laboratory (High Performance Computing)
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Alumni Technical University of Berlin
- Alumni Academy of International Affairs NRW
Dr. Daniel Thilo Schroeder, residing in Oslo, is a Research Scientist and Associate Professor specializing in big data analytics, complex networks and digital communication. He is a member of the Smart Data group at SINTEF, contributing to the development of sustainable platforms for processing extreme data and building high-quality, FAIR-compliant datasets that fortify the effectiveness of AI applications. In his position as Associate Professor at Oslo Metropolitan University, Dr. Schroeder explores the influence of digital communication on conflict development and mediation in sub-Saharan Africa. During his postdoc at the Simula Research Laboratory, he engaged in pivotal work to expand the application of deep learning to unstructured data through the development of computational frameworks. Earning his PhD from the Technical University of Berlin, Dr. Schroeder has been involved in multiple projects centered around understanding and mitigating the rapid spread of online misinformation.
2023 - now. Research Scientist Sintef.
2023 - now. Associate Professor Oslo Metropolitan University.
2021 - 2023. Postdoctoral Fellow Simula Research Laboratory.
2021 - 2022. Research Assistant Oslo Metropolitan University.
2018 - 2021. Phd Student Simula Research Laboratory & Technical University of Berlin.
2016 - 2017. Student Assistant at the department for Complex and Distributed IT Systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Technical University of Berlin, 2010 - 2015
- B.S. in Computer Science, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, 2013 - 2015
- M.S. in Computer Science, Technical University of Berlin, 2015 - 2017
- Ph.D in Engineering, Technical University of Berlin, 2018 - 2022
- Ph.D in Engineering, Simula Research Laboratory, 2018 - 2021
- Computational Social Science.
- Complex Networks.
- Graph Neural Networks.
- Data Management.
- German (+)
- English (+)
- Portuguese (+-)
- Norwegian Bokmål (-)